Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fraction of a tooth

Today I lost half a tooth. Again. Well, I had lost that very half about four years ago, courtesy some tooth decay or something, and today I happened to lose the filling that was very well concealing this gateway into my oral cavity. It was a soft dismissal, considering that the said debacle happened over a measly banana, that I was munching on happily until my tongue noticed hitherto unexplored territory in my upper jaw. A few minutes later, the missing filling was found lodged in a tricky corner in my lower jaw, which I suppose should have been occupied by some tooth that never was. I called up my dentist, whence I came to know that he was just out of the white thing used for filling such holes, and said I could have been lucky had I called about an hour earlier. Perfect timing!

As such, I now have to live a day (night actually, as I shall get this fixed first thing tomorrow) with 31.5 teeth. Well, make that 29.5 actually; I never got all of my wisdom teeth. :P That would be those in the lower jaw. :|

7 comments:

Abhi said...

Dont worry mate, u still have lots more teeth than I do! :D

Sid said...

That is still better than a decimal dental count. :D

Bastet said...

Why am I not surprised that you never got your 'wisdom' teeth :P

Sid said...

Turns out that what fell off wasn't a filling - that would be the adjacent tooth. The tooth in question here is now dead, and a part of it fell off :( I have to now endure this 'surviving dead half' for another week before I can get it operated upon :P

Abhi said...

Dead?! :-o
Just like that! Dead!

Wow.

Bastet said...

How did you manage to kill your tooth??? Drank too many aerated 'pesticides' didya?

Bastet said...

Btw, wht's with the comment that disappeared frm my blog?